By: Anthony Campo
Learning the principles of training and nutrition is a lot like building a house. You have to follow a certain order or else you will not get very far. Build the foundation before you work on more specific details. All too often I will see individuals dedicating their time on small details instead of the big picture. Here are some tips that will help you focus on building the foundation, which will help you achieve the greatest level of success possible going forward.
– Cook your own meals using whole foods
– Eat 1 Gram of protein for every pound of your goal weight
– Consume at least 20 percent of your calories from healthy fat
– Learn how to properly perform hinge/shoulder mechanics and progress compound movements such as Squats, Lunges, Pushups, Pullups/Inverted Rows for your current ability level
– Learn proper breathing technique to brace your form
– Learn how to properly engage the core (including Glutes) for all exercises
Take Home Point * If you are not doing these things then it would be in your best interest to consistently work on these areas before moving on to anything else.