By Anthony Campo
This is the time of year where many people will clean and organize their homes with idea of making it look nicer and run more efficiently. So why not apply those same ideas to your nutrition and training. At least once per year take the time to reassess your health and fitness goals and take an in depth look at what you are doing to achieve them. Then, refine your nutritional and training plans in order to make them more effective in working towards your goals.
Here are some basic tips to help you with some health and fitness spring cleaning:
Nutritional Spring Cleaning
– Clean out your refrigerator, freezer, pantry, and cupboards. Throw away or donate any items that are not specifically there to help you achieve your health and fitness goals.
– Clean and organize your kitchen in such a manner that you will want to cook more meals for yourself instead of buying premade food.
– Design a permanent shopping list so that you will consistently buy only the items you need and limit the chance of going rogue at the grocery store.
Training Spring Cleaning
– Clean up you training program and get rid of exercises/training methods that are not helping you towards achieving your goals. Add in some new exercises/training methods that will help to bring balance to your training and increase its effectiveness.
– Look at your program and see where you can improve your time management to become more efficient while training and accomplish more work in the same amount of time.
– Have a backup plan designed for days in which an unforeseen incident disrupts your normal training schedule.